Reentry Permits & Lost/Stolen Green Cards

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Uzbekistan processes applications for Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) without a reentry permit or LPRs whose Green Cards have been lost or stolen. Please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit to schedule an appointment. Please note that effective January 2017, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service requires a $575 online processing fee for this service.

The reentry permit is valid for 30 days only. Therefore, Uzbek citizens LPRs are recommended to obtain their exit permits (OVIR) from the Department of Entry, Exit and Citizenship of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan before applying for reentry permit at the Consular Section. At the time of the scheduled appointment, the alien seeking a reentry permit must present the documents listed below and be interviewed by a Consular Officer.

  1. Printed copy of the completed I-131A form (Application for a Travel Document (Carrier Documentation);
  2. A copy of $575 fee payment receipt or its confirmation page. LPRs must pay the fee using the USCIS online payment site (ELIS) by selecting “Click to pay the form I-131A”.
  3. Original passport and copy of the bio data page of the passport
  4. Police report about the loss or theft of the Form I-551 issued by the relevant district office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan or information from the lost and stolen desk (stol nahodok) with English translation;
  5. Evidence of presence outside the U.S. for less than one year (i.e. airline tickets, entry/exit stamps from passport, and/or other such information);
  6. Evidence of legal status in the U.S., if available (i.e. photocopy of lost/stolen I-551);
  7. One 5X5 cm photograph on a white or off-white background.