How do I obtain a fiancé(e) (K-1) visa?

Your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) must file a Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)) by mail at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Service Center in the United States with jurisdiction over your fiancé(e)’s place of residence. If your fiancé(e) is living outside of the United States, he or she must file the petition by mail at the USCIS Service Center in the United States with jurisdiction over his or her place of last residence in the United States. Once your fiancé(e) has filed a petition for you, you may check its status by accessing the USCIS Case Status Search Page.

USCIS forwards the approved petition to the Department of State’s National Visa Center, which then sends it to the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Tashkent. The Immigrant Visa Unit will send you a package of instructions for K-1/K2 applicants by email.

K visa petitioners must include current contact information of the fiancé(e) in Uzbekistan.  If the contact information is missing or incorrect, it will create additional delays in processing the case and scheduling the interview.

Additionally, the fiancé(e) will need to fill out a Electronic application form DS-160. This application must be filled out electronically at the Bureau of Consular Affairs Website Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) page. You must bring a printed copy of your DS-160 confirmation page to your interview!  Please make sure that the bar code of the application is printed clearly. See the example.

Please follow the instructions exactly. Failure to do so could result in a delay of your case processing..