The following documents must be presented for an adult passport renewal:
- Application form DS-82 (PDF or E-form).
- Proof of Identity: Current identifying documents bearing your current name, signature and physical description or photograph. Examples: previous passport, foreign passport, driver’s license, etc.
- One photograph. See passport photo requirements.
Applicants falling under one of the four categories below must complete the application form DS-11 (PDF 100 KB or E-form) instead of the DS-82. Form DS-11 must be signed before a consular officer, therefore, please do not sign it in advance.:
- Those whose previous passport was issued more than 15 years ago;
- Those who were under the age of 16 at the time of issuance of their last passport;
- First time applicants;
- Applicants who apply for replacement passports (replacing emergency passports with regular ones).
Processing time is approximately 7 to 10 days from the day of submission.
Note: you cannot currently list a “Country” when completing the “Emergency Contact” section on our forms. Please list an emergency contact in the United States.
Please see the passport fees to determine how much your passport application fee is.
Please note that a Social Security number is required to complete a passport application.