Challenge your mind and win!
Spelling Bee 2019
U.S. Embassy Tashkent is delighted to announce Central Asian Spelling Bee Contest-2019!
The contests will take place in 14 libraries within Uzbekistan.
- The Local Spelling Bees in Uzbekistan will be held in January 2019.
- The National Spelling Bee in Tashkent will be in March 2019.
- The Regional Central Asian Bee in Bishkek will take place in April 2019.
ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS (must meet all of these requirements):
- Must be a citizen of Uzbekistan.
- Full-time undergraduate university or institute students.
- Participants can have studied in the U.S. (or another English-speaking country) previously, but currently must be enrolled as a full-time student in Uzbek university.
- Between the ages of 18 (on or before January 31, 2019) and 25 (cannot have turned 26 before January 31, 2019).
- Can have participated in local or national bees in 2018 as long as they meet all the other eligibility requirements, but cannot have participated in the 2018 Regional Central Asian Spelling Bee in Almaty and in the 2017 Regional Central Asian Selling Bee in Dushanbe.
The top two winners of each local bee will take part in the National Spelling Bee in Tashkent.
The top four contestants will travel to Bishkek for the Regional Bee. The contest is free to all participants.
Participation is limited to the first 60 eligible participants to each city.
Only registered people who have received an email confirmation will be able to participate.
Deadline to apply: January 10, 2019.
You are allowed to register for one contest only.
Find the closest location and register using the following links:
Bukhara – https://bit.ly/2T4s19L
Ferghana – https://bit.ly/2Gv8y0r
Karshi – https://bit.ly/2R6phex
Termez – https://bit.ly/2A8eXch
Tashkent region – https://bit.ly/2rLKsEf
Jizzakh – https://bit.ly/2LufRnR
Gulistan – https://bit.ly/2V01gop