Location: Uzbekistan, countrywide
Event: Russian air carriers continue to operate in Uzbekistan. The U.S. Embassy informs U.S. citizens that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has downgraded the air safety rating for Russia given that Russia’s civil aviation authority is not in compliance with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) safety standards for oversight of Russian air carrier operations.
Actions to Take:
- Consider travel options beyond Russian air carriers.
- Monitor faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/us_restrictions/for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- UzbekistanCountry Information
- Enroll in theSmart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Telegramand Twitter