REGIONAL ALUMNI REPRESENTATIVES
Inspire. Empower. Connect
Help US help YOU expand your alumni network and enrich your social life in your home regions. EveryONE counts.
We, the Alumni Unit of the U.S. Embassy Tashkent, are dedicated to maintaining meaningful relations and providing strong incentives to keep all of you – our Exchange Alumni – engaged. The truth is, most of the alumni engagement platforms and outreach activities take place in the capital Tashkent area. While we do provide our regional alumni with the tools to conduct local projects through the Alumni Outreach Grants funding, we do not have a regular alumni networking in the regions. The fact that there are only two of us here in the Alumni Unit and thousands of alumni in the country, cannot be an excuse.
To solve this issue, to reconnect with lost alumni, to enrich alumni programming in all regions of Uzbekistan, we are kicking off our Regional Alumni Representatives (RAR) initiative.
So what? How RAR initiative is going to enrich alumni social life in the regions?
It’s not the initiative itself, it’s YOU who will help enrich alumni activities and strengthen the network in the regions. Alumni Unit will help establish the platform and select two Regional Alumni Representatives (RAR) in each region. This will be a merit-based recruitment. Selected RARs will receive a very modest honorarium for their work with Alumni in the regions.
Who can become a RAR?
Potential RARs must:
- Be a U.S. exchange alumna or alumnus residing, working, studying and enjoying life in their respective regions;
- Be committed to serving and being the main point of contact for their regional alumni;
- Be able to devote at least 20 hours per month (4-5 hours a week) to work with local alumni and do alumni outreach;
- Be able to successfully implement regional alumni projects approved for funding;
- Be well-connected with alumni in their respective regions;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English;
What will be the RAR’s main responsibilities?
Main duties include:
- Developing, updating, and maintaining the regional alumni database to support effective programming and outreach activities in their home regions;
- In consultation with alumni in the regions, developing alumni programming and outreach activities, and applying for Alumni Outreach Grants funding to implement the regional projects;
- Organizing monthly alumni events and annual alumni reunions in their respective regions;
- Supporting Public Affairs Section and/or Embassy-wide ad-hoc programming and events in their home regions;
- Enriching alumni social life in the regions;
- Providing overall support to PAS Alumni Unit in expanding regional alumni network;
Note: This is not an employment opportunity with the U.S. Embassy Tashkent.
If interested, you can apply for the following RAR positions in your region:
- RAR for Alumni of Professional Exchanges (Fulbright Programs, IVLP, Hubert H. Humphrey, TechWomen, Community Connections, SUSI for Scholars, Secondary School Educators, E-Teacher, and others)
- RAR for Alumni of Youth Exchanges (FLEX, Benjamin Franklin Summer Institute, Global UGRAD, SUSI for Women Leaders, TechGirls, Summer Work & Travel, and others)
Apply here: https://forms.gle/a2KfgAwtN3QbYqUE7
Application deadline: February 7, 2020