Seven Uzbek Professionals Are Heading to the United States

The United States Ambassador in Uzbekistan, Pamela Spratlen, bid farewell today, July 13, to seven Uzbek professionals as they depart to study in the United States with U.S. government Fulbright Foreign StudentFulbright Visiting Scholar and Humphrey Fellowship grants. These professionals were chosen from hundreds of applications received each year.

The participants and their placements are as follows:

  • Kallibek Kazbekov will be at Washington State University for a Master of Science in Environmental Engineering.
  • Nozima Shamsieva will be at Old Dominion University to study Educational Leadership.
  • Akbarjon Mahmudjonov will be attending Ohio University for a Master’s in Financial Economics.
  • Dilnora Azimova will start her Master of Arts program in Health and Risk Communication at Michigan State University.
  • Dr. Gulnora Bogdalova, lecturer at Tashkent State Pedagogical University, will attend a 10-month Humphrey Program at Pennsylvania State University.
  • Dr. Murodjon Rashitov, scientist at the Scientific Practical Medical Center of Endocrinology, will conduct a 12-month research project on the epidemiology of thyroid diseases at Boston University.
  • Dr. Rajabov Toshpulot, senior researcher at the Uzbek Academy of Sciences, will conduct a 10-month field and lab research study on “Ecological Assessment of Artemisia Rangelands in Uzbekistan” at the University of Georgia.

The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides 10 months of professional enrichment and non-degree graduate-level study in the United States for accomplished mid-level professionals from designated countries.

The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program provides grants to approximately 850 foreign scholars from over 100 countries to conduct post-doctoral research at U.S. institutions from an academic semester to a full academic year.

The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists from abroad to research and study in the United States for one year or longer at U.S. universities or other appropriate institutions.

For further information on these programs go to