At approximately 3:30 p.m. on Friday, October 23, a security alarm sounded at U.S. Embassy Tashkent after an individual threw an item onto the Embassy grounds. The local police quickly apprehended the subject, and Embassy personnel confirmed that the item was not dangerous. There are strong indications that the individual who was taken into custody was also responsible for the September 28, 2015, incident in which two incendiary devices were thrown onto the Embassy grounds. At this time, the Embassy is not aware of any additional threats related to these incidents.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Uzbekistan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- U.S. Embassy Tashkent is located on 3 Moyqorghon Street, 5th Block, Yunusobod District, 100093 Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Routine American citizen services are provided daily on an advance appointment basis from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. U.S. citizens may schedule their appointments through the online appointment system. The Embassy’s telephone number for both general inquiries and U.S. citizen emergencies is (99871) 120-54-50.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.