The Department of State will discontinue the consular service of adding additional visa pages to U.S. passports beginning January 1, 2016. Visa page inserts pose vulnerabilities to passport security by diminishing the effect of the RF blocking material to prevent unauthorized reading of ePassports. The determination to eliminate the visa page insert service was made to enhance the security of the passport and to abide by international passport standards.
As of October 2014, 52-page passport books have been issued to all applicants applying at overseas posts at no extra cost. This policy aims to lessen the burden that may be placed on frequent travelers who need more pages and those customers who may need to update residence permits or foreign entry/exit visas to comply with foreign country immigration practices.
Many countries will not allow entry on a passport with less than six months validity remaining. Some countries also require two blank pages for visa entry and exit. See travel.state.gov for more information on entry, exit, and foreign visa requirements and Uzbekistan Country Specific Information.
U.S. Embassy Tashkent provides American Citizen Services by appointment only. Visit https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=THT&appcode=1 to schedule your appointment to add extra visa pages before the program’s expiration.
If you have any questions, please contact the American Citizen Services section of U.S. Embassy Tashkent at ConsularTashkent@state.gov.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Uzbekistan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Uzbekistan, located at 3, Moyqorghon street, Yunusobod Block 5, Tashkent, 100093 (+99871-120-5450) 24 hours a day to report an emergency.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays)
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.