The EducationUSA Academy Connects is a short-term fully online pre-college academic enrichment program for international high school students offering specialized college preparatory content, virtual campus visits, and cultural activities.
Students gain an insider’s perspective on higher education in the United States while acquiring the skills need to access U.S. study opportunities.
EducationUSA Academy Connects students have the opportunity to improve their English skills, discover tips for preparing a successful college application, and learn more about the U.S. college admissions process.
EducationUSA is the U.S. Department of State’s global network of more than 430 educational advising centers in over 175 countries.
2022 EducationUSA Academy Connects Host Institutions:
- Boston University (Boston, MA)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL)
- Cloud State University (St. Cloud, MN)
- John’s University (Queens, NY)
- Temple University (Philadelphia, PA)
- University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI)
Program cost will be covered by the U.S. Embassy Scholarship.
Candidate Description and Qualifications
Candidates applying for the EducationUSA Academy Connects Scholarship Program should:
- be a citizen of Uzbekistan;
- be between 15 and 17 years of age;
- be a high school student;
- be proficient in English (IELTS 5.5 or higher);
- be interested in applying to the U.S. universities and colleges in the future;
- be mature and self-disciplined students with a commitment to active participation during online classes;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades and awards;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive.
Application package should include the following:
How to Apply
Application form must be in English and must be submitted via Google Form by 18:00 (local time in Uzbekistan) on February 14, 2022.
Do not bring your application package to the U.S. Embassy Tashkent in person. Applications are only accepted online via the Google Form.
Please note that family members of U.S. Embassy or Consulate staff or U.S. Department of State employees are not eligible to apply.