THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS HAS PASSED
The EducationUSA Academy is a two-to-four-week pre-college academic enrichment program for 15- to 17-year-old students who are intermediate or advanced English speakers. It prepares high school students to submit strong applications to U.S. universities if they ultimately choose to study in the United States. Participating students will explore the process of preparing successful college applications as they build college-level academic skills. They will also have the opportunity to experience student life and gain a better understanding of the U.S higher education system. The program also includes customized visits to a diverse range of college and university campuses close to the host institution in order for students to gain an understanding of the wide range of institutions available to them. Programs include exposure to large state institutions, smaller private colleges, minority-serving institutions, and community colleges.
The following U.S. university campuses will host EducationUSA Academy sessions in 2019:
- Boston University (Boston, MA)
- Diablo Valley College (Pleasant Hill, CA)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL)
- Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)
- Montana State University (Bozeman, MT)
- Northwestern University (Evanston, IL)
- Cloud State University (St. Cloud, MN)
- John’s University (Queens, NY)
- Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY)
- Temple University (Philadelphia, PA)
- University of Alabama in Huntsville (Huntsville, AL)
- University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO)
- University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA)
- University of North Georgia (Dahlonega, GA)
- University of Tennessee-Knoxville (Knoxville, TN)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI)
All participant costs will be covered by the program. This includes visa and travel fees, housing and food, and incidental allowances. All participants will receive medical insurance for the duration of the program.
Candidate Description and Qualifications
Candidates applying for the EducationUSA Academy Program should:
- be a citizen of Uzbekistan;
- be between 15 and 17 years of age;
- be a high school student;
- be proficient in English;
- be interested in applying to the U.S. universities and colleges;
- be mature and self-disciplined students with a commitment to active participation in the Academy and its programming;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, or national origin.
Application package should include the following:
- Completed application form
- Official transcript in English (Please enclose your school grades for the most recent quarter.)
- Scanned copy of national passport’s ID page
Incomplete applications will be disqualified and will not be reviewed by the EducationUSA Academy Selection Panel.
How to Apply
Application package must be in English and must be submitted via e-mail to Tashkent-Advising@state.gov by 18:00 (local time in Uzbekistan) on February 28, 2019, with “EducationUSA Academy” in the subject line.
Do not bring your application package to the U.S. Embassy Tashkent in person. Applications are only accepted online via the e-mail address indicated above.