Note: Youth Exchange Opportunity Program is suspended until further notice.
The Youth Exchange Opportunity is a program for high school students from Uzbekistan to study in a U.S. high school for an academic year and live with a U.S. host family.
Program Eligibility Requirements
To apply for the program, a student must certify that he/she meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Is currently enrolled in 9th grade, 10th grade or 1st year of a lyceum or college;
- Was born on or after January 1, 1993, and on or before May 1, 1994;
- Has an academic standing of “good” or better;
- Has previously studied English, and can speak and read English;
- Is a citizen of Uzbekistan and eligible to receive an Uzbek passport.
Applying for the Youth Exchange Opportunity
Once applications are available, the applicants must either:
- Complete the application form and essay questions online and submit the required documents listed below by mail, email or in person to the U.S. Embassy in Tashkent;
- Complete a hard copy of the application form, including the essay questions, and submit the hard copy along with the required documents by mail or in person to the U.S. Embassy in Tashkent.
After screening the application forms, the successful semifinalists will be invited to the tests and interview. The participants, who will succeed in all examinations, will become program finalists and gain the opportunity to study one academic year in an American high school and live in American family.
Please direct questions to Tashkent-Program@state.gov. Indicate “YEO” in the subject line of all emails.