Funded by the U.S. Embassy in Uzbekistan and administered by American Councils for International Education, the UBL program is designed for professionals in Uzbekistan, ages 22-40, engaged in business, entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship and innovation, and brings them to the United States to participate in tailored, professional fellowships for four weeks at a variety of for-profit and non-profit organizations, university business departments, accelerators, and relevant government offices. It will provide participants with an array of modern business tools, concepts, and principles that will strengthen their leadership and technical abilities through interactive and personalized projects, as well as help build enduring professional relationships between citizens of the United States and Uzbekistan who share an interest in driving economic development.
- Provide aspiring business leaders from Uzbekistan with the skills, knowledge, and inspiration to grow as entrepreneurs and make their businesses competitive in the global market
- Encourage young entrepreneurs to think creatively, innovate, and develop new business models
- Give promising entrepreneurs from Uzbekistan the opportunity to gain practical experience with U.S. business practices and standards
- Be a citizen and resident of Uzbekistan
- Be between the ages of 22 and 40
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
- Have at least two years of relevant professional experience
For the Fall 2020 program, up to 25 finalists will be selected to participate in the program, which includes:
- Three-week customized workplace experience in the United States
- Two-day Leadership and Social Innovation Lab led by Deloitte in Washington, D.C.
- Skill building workshops on effective communication, negotiation and persuasion
- In-depth mentoring program
The deadline to apply for the fall program is March 1, 2022. To read more about UBL and submit an application, please follow this link: https://ubl.americancouncils.org/
If you have questions about the program, please contact American Councils in Tashkent at +998-78-150-7150.