The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students and young professionals to study in the United States for up to two years and earn a Master’s degree. Participants will be recruited through a merit-based open competition.
To participate in the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, the applicants must:
- be citizens of Uzbekistan and reside in the country throughout application and selection process.
- have completed undergraduate education and hold a bachelor’s degree.
- have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
Eligible Fields of Study:
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is open to all fields of study except the medical sciences concerning direct patient care. Medical graduates may pursue programs in Chemistry, Biology, Public Health or Hospital Administration.
Previous U.S. experience:
Strong preference will be given to applicants who do not have recent and/or extensive experience in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Potential applicants can access the online application by going to: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022
Before you start, we recommend you to review the list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (PDF 169 KB) on the Fulbright Foreign Student Program and read the Instructions for Completing the Fulbright Foreign Student Program Application (PDF 431 KB) carefully and in its entirety so that you understand the requirements.
Application Deadline: June 5, 2021
After the application deadline, all submitted online applications undergo a technical review. Applications that pass the technical review will then be reviewed by an independent reading panel that will evaluate and score each application based on a set of standard criteria. Applicants with the highest scores will then be invited to an interview, held at the U.S. Embassy. Nominations will be made from the top candidates, after the interviews. All nominated candidates will be requested to register for TOEFL and GRE/GMAT. The nominated candidates are entitled to an exemption from the test fees by vouchers. Vouchers will be distributed by the U.S. Embassy. Final grantee selection is contingent upon the J. William Fulbright Scholarship Board’s (FSB) approval, available funding, and successful academic placement. The selected grantees are expected to travel to their host universities in the U.S. in Spring-Fall 2022.
What do we look for in our applicants?
- sufficiently high level of English to undertake full-time graduate level study in the U.S.,
- evidence of ambition, high motivation, serious commitment and leadership potential,
- study in fields tied to future career goals that will significantly benefit the country of Uzbekistan,
- outstanding academic records,
- satisfactory TOEFL and GRE/GMAT test scores,
- demonstrable ambassadorial skills with evidence of cultural sensitivity and a genuine desire to learn more about the United States and share with American citizens aspects of Uzbekistan culture,
- experience and interest in extracurricular and community activities, and
- desire to further the Fulbright Program and give back to your home country upon returning.
- Incomplete or late applications will NOT be considered.
- No specific reason for selection or non-selection of applicants will be given.
- All grantees are expected to return to their home countries for at least two years at the conclusion of their grant in compliance with the J-visa requirements and to promote mutual understanding.
- Plagiarism detected in any part of the application will result in ineligibility.
- Fulbright Program reserves the right to check any information given in the application documents. In case any discrepancy with real facts will be revealed the applicant participation in the Fulbright competition will be suspended.
- Nominated candidates do not participate in placement process; they are only informed of final choice.
- J-1 visa support;
- Tuition and fees;
- Health insurance coverage;
- Monthly stipend;
- Books and supplies;
- International airfare to and from the U.S.
The list of FAQ and Instructions on the Fulbright Foreign Student Program are comprehensive and should answer most of the questions on the program. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, you may direct your questions to TashkentFulbright@state.gov AND FulbrightUzbekistan@gmail.com with 2022 Fulbright Foreign Student Program in the subject line.