(Updated June 25, 2020)
Thank you for taking the initiative in your search for a flight departing Uzbekistan.
We understand that Uzbek Airlines has two flights from Tashkent to New York, NY (JFK Airport): the first on Friday, June 26; the second on Sunday, June, 28. Both flights are scheduled to depart at 6:45 am.
- Ticket prices are 733 USD for economy and 1708 USD for business class.
- You may purchase tickets starting Tuesday, June 23 from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm at the Central Office of Uzbek Air at Amir Temur 41.
- You do not need any permission from the US Embassy. The tickets are available to anyone who has verifiable legal status in the United States (citizenship or permanent residence). Visa holders may also attempt to buy tickets.
- There is currently no quarantine requirement in the US, but these rules may change quickly. Please check the following link for updates: https://www.panynj.gov/port-authority/en/alerts/coronavirus-updates.html
# # #
International commercial flight options currently exist in Uzbekistan. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging repatriation flights at this time.
Turkish airlines: https://www.turkishairlines.com/
Asiana airlines: https://flyasiana.com/C/US/EN/index
Uzbek airlines: https://www.uzairways.com/en
- As of March 15, 2020, Uzbekistan announced that there are confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country.
Exit and Entry Requirements and Quarantine Information:
- Uzbekistan will resume international flights starting from June 15 as per the decision of the Special Republican Anti-Coronavirus Commission. Flights shall be restored with countries where there is a stable sanitary and epidemiological situation.
- Entry and exit from Uzbekistan to these countries is allowed for: employees of embassies and consulates and members of their families; staff of foreign companies and other organizations working in Uzbekistan as part of investment projects; for treatment; persons with close relatives or seriously ill relatives abroad; persons traveling to other countries in transit through Uzbekistan, at the request of embassies and consulates of foreign countries; foreign citizens with residence in Uzbekistan; stateless persons; as well as citizens of Uzbekistan with registration in other countries. In addition, you can fly from Uzbekistan to other countries for study or work.
- Green flights: The category of countries with stable sanitary and epidemiological situation (Green flights) includes Japan, South Korea, China and Israel. If those arriving from these countries stayed there for 14 days, then upon arrival they will not be quarantined.
- Yellow flights: The category of countries where the incidence of COVID-19 is declining – the European Union, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore (Yellow flights). If those arriving from these countries stayed there for 14 days, then they will be quarantined at home (self-quarantine).
- Red flights: Other countries, including the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Russia and other CIS countries (Red, Evacuation flights) are in the category of countries where the number of cases of coronavirus is not decreasing. Upon arrival, passengers will be quarantined by the Government of Uzbekistan for 14 days.
- Air tickets will not be sold to passengers if they arrive in transit from countries with a difficult sanitary and epidemiological situation or if they were less than 14 days in countries with a stable sanitary and epidemiological situation.
- Quarantine is applied based on location during the last 14 days, not citizenship.
- Visitors subject to self-quarantine must be kept in their place of residence (house, hotel, hostel, etc.) for up to 14 days, not be allowed to communicate with people other than family members, and not be allowed to visit public places.
- Uzbek authorities will examine travelers subject to home quarantine on the first day and last day of their quarantine, and conduct telephone monitoring on intervening days.
- Disciplinary sanctions will be imposed in the event of disciplinary violations by quarantined individuals.
- This complex framework is subject to change at any time.
- Any American citizens seeking information on flights departing Uzbekistan may contact us at ACSTashkent@state.gov.
- All public gatherings to include weddings, large family gatherings and holidays are prohibited by the Government of Uzbekistan.
- All secondary schools and higher remain in vacation status.
- Facial masks are required in public as of March 25th.
- The universal telephone number for an ambulance in Uzbekistan is 103.
- Uzbekistan also established a single hotline for medical questions related to COVID-19. The number is 1003. The answers are in Russian and Uzbek languages.
- Government of Uzbekistan also established a single official Telegram channel for information on COVID-19 related measures. The channel can be found at https://t.me/koronavirusinfouz. Please note that using this channel will require downloading the Telegram application.
- Should any official Uzbek government online resources become available to the general public, this section will be updated.