Last updated: 10/07/2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Uzbekistan? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- COVID-19 PCR tests are available at clinics and medical facilities throughout Uzbekistan. The cost of testing is typically between 200,000 and 350,000 Uzbekistani Soum ($20-$35 USD), and is paid by the patient prior to testing. U.S. citizens should inquire with the local government (Mahalla) or hotel for the nearest clinic. The following link includes a list of known clinics in Tashkent that provide PCR tests: https://uz.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-testing-facilities/
- Test results are generally returned via the messaging app Telegram, or through clinic-specific patient portals.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Uzbekistan for U. S. citizens to receive?
- Covid-19 vaccines are available at various polyclinics through the country, and some vaccine clinics are located in grocery stores and bazaars. Vaccination is available for everyone in country.
- Which vaccines are available in Uzbekistan?Vaxzevria (also known as Astra Zeneca), Uzbek-Chinese vaccine ZF-UZ-VAC2001, Sputnik, Moderna, Pfizer
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccinesin the United States.
- 103 is the number to call an ambulance from a phone in Uzbekistan.
- 1003 is the hotline for medical questions related to COVID-19, with information provided in Russian and Uzbek only.
- Other links:
- The State Department’s COVID-19 Travel Information page
- The CDC’s page on COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Travel.state.gov’s Uzbekistan Country Information and Travel Advisory page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Uzbekistan.html